May is Meditation Month! I know, I know. Mediation is for those hippie folks, right? Well, research shows that meditation is beyond what we think of as just mental benefits of a calmer more relaxed mind. Study after study shows that a regular practice of meditation has an enormous impact on your physical body and spiritual self.
What are the benefits of meditation?
- A calm mind
- Good concentration
- Better clarity
- Improved communication
- Relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and body
5 Health benefits of meditation
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
11 Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger, and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
3 Spiritual benefits of meditation
Meditation doesn’t have a religion and can be practiced by anybody regardless of the faith they follow.
- Effortless transition from being something to merging with the infinite and recognizing yourself as an inseparable part of the whole cosmos
- In a meditative state, you are in a space of vastness, calmness, and joy and this is what you emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
- Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself.
How to get meditation benefits
To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. It takes only a few minutes every day. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day!
Meditation is like a seed. When you cultivate a seed with love, the more it blossoms.
5 Benefits of meditation for students
- Greater confidence
- More focus and clarity
- Better health
- More mental strength and energy
- Greater dynamism!
Busy people from all backgrounds are grateful to pause and enjoy a refreshing few minutes of meditation each day. Dive deep into yourself and enrich your life. If you are interested in beginning a meditation practice or just looking for personal development, you can find more information with Art of Living or follow Actualized.org personal development series on their website or via their YouTube series.
Stay tuned for more information on how to begin your personal development journey with FitScene!