Fitness Basics to Help you Take the First Step Towards a Healthier you
Brand new to the fitness world? No problem! Before beginning your new healthy lifestyle journey, here are some fitness basics that you will likely see in almost any fitness class.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hips distance apart.
- Start to push butt back while breaking at hips.
- Bend knees and begin to squat.
- Slowly start to sit, like you are going to sit in a chair.
- Your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle (parallel to the floor).
- Keep chest and shoulders lifted with a neutral spine. You should be sticking your booty out to help maintain a neutral spine.
- As you squat make sure to keep your knees in line with your feet.
- Drive through your heels.
- Body and core should be engaged the entire time.
- Stand up tall while still keeping knees aligned with feet.
More About the Author